Farmer’s Market Representative and Driver
About The Role
In this position you will transport, promote, and sell our fresh caught seafood at various market locations.
You will be responsible for picking up orders prepared for our markets, loading and unloading the vehicle, setting up and tearing down the sales booth, and interacting with customers, as well as accurately handling cash and electronic transactions. The ability to understand and maintain strict quality, health, and safety standards, as well as possession of a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, is required for this role. Our ideal candidate will have experience providing excellence in retail sales or customer service, with excellent communication, time management and organizational skills, and a passion for locally sourced fresh foods. This position is best suited to “morning people”, as most days will begin 1-2 hours prior to market opening. Previous experience with seafood handling and/or preparation is helpful but not required.
Salary Range: $18 – $20 per hour depending on experience plus Market Tips.
Benefit: 50% off Purchases
What You’ll Do
- Drive to various locations to pick up seafood for our markets
- Manage our booth at the market, providing excellent customer service and marketing for our fresh caught seafood
- Accurately ring up sales using Square POS software, with cash handling accountability
Who You Are
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Time management and organizational skills to keep track of orders and stay on schedule
- Independently motivated with critical thinking skillset
- Physical stamina and good upper body strength to lift 50 lbs
- Early riser, most markets are in morning, and we need to be there early for set-up
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and business partners
How to Apply
- Email Resume and Contact Information to [email protected]